Bedford Film Festival launches film ‘election’ for Bedfringe
In the spirit of democracy Bedford Film Festival gives Bedfordians a chance to take part in another ‘election’ and choose films for Bedfringe 2015.
***VOTING HAS NOW CLOSED. THE WINNING FILMS ARE***
THE JUNGLE BOOK AND FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF
***TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE 5 JUNE 2015***
The films, which will be screened on 30th and 31st July at the brand new Quarry Theatre at St Luke’s have all been nominated by well-known people in the town, and include a variety of genres for a family film screening and a screening for older audiences.
Co-Founding Director of Bedford Film Festival, Paul Hutchinson, says: “When we asked people to nominate great films for Bedfringe, we weren’t disappointed. The variety and quality put forward is exactly what Bedford Film Festival and Bedfringe is all about. Now film lovers can choose the film they want to see simply with the click of a button.”
The nominated films for an older audience are:
- The Thing – nominated by James Pharoe, Organiser, Bedfringe
- Jaws – nominated by Sarah Cox, Editor, Bedfordshire on Sunday
- Blazing Saddles – nominated by Dave Hodgson, Mayor of Bedford
- The Big Chill – nominated by Ian Pryce, Principal, Bedford College
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – nominated by Jules Crossley, Director, Quarry Theatre at St. Luke’
To vote for one of the above films, go to: http://bedfordfilmfestival.org/event/bedfringe-choose-a-film/
And family film lovers can choose from:
- The Jungle Book – nominated by Emma Garrett, Co-Director Kiosk at the Park and Pavilion at the Park
- Bugsy Malone – nominated by Rachael Rogan, Organiser, BookTastic
- The Incredibles – nominated by Kristine Hughes, The Frogs’ Chorus/Cicero Buck
- ParaNorman – nominated by Kristina Bullen, Chair, The Circus of Illustration
- Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure – nominated by Erica Roffe, Editor, The Bedford Clanger
To vote for one of the above family films, go to: http://bedfordfilmfestival.org/event/bedfringe-choose-your-own-family-film/
Voting is open until midday 31 May 2015. Tickets for the winning film go on sale on 5 June 2015.